I’ve always wanted to travel to North Africa (Morocco especially), so when my best friend Victoria suggested we pack-up and head to Marrakech there wasn’t an ounce of hesitation. The mosaics alone were worth the trip, all artfully placed by-hand in dazzling, patterned sequences that can easily induce serious spells of dizziness. We wisely avoided the temptation of staying at larger hotels, rather opting for Selman – a boutique resort on the outskirts of town. Conceptualized by Jaques Garcia (famed for his work at Hôtel Costes and Fouquets), Selman merges Moroccan opulence with Parisian splendor, all with a personal touch. The result is stunning, which invariably meant we rarely wanted to leave the property… but we did. A few of my favorite places to visit and enjoy while in Marrakech, below:
• Stay at Selman Marrakech.
• Dine at Bô-Zin for a rare (read delicious) fusion of Moroccan and Vietnamese cuisines.
• Visit the courtyard and indoor pool at La Mamounia, the King’s infamous hotel.
• Wander through Yves Saint Laurent’s Jardin Marjorelle.
• Wear florals and patterns, preferably by Gucci.
• Indulge in multiple visits to the spa (I loved the traditional Moroccan hammam).
Follow me over on @MrEssentialist for daily updates and more things I love.