I’ve always enjoyed fragrance. Discovering how each note interacts with others and evolves over time is fascinating. Often I’m asked which is my favorite, but choosing just one is near impossible. Instead I typically go light and breezy in the morning, refreshing later with something a little heavier (i.e. woody). I’ve also learnt the power of subtlety. Never over-spritz… a little goes a long way especially regarding perfume. In terms of technique, mist rather than apply fragrance directly to skin. This allows notes to breathe and stay intact, all while ensuring even coverage. A few of my current favorites, below:
• Be bold with Tom Ford’s infamous Private Blends
• Discover Phoung Dang’s Leather Up Extract de Parfum
• Go classic with Creed (I’m especially loving Royal Mayfair)
• Refresh with Le Labo‘s iconic Santal
• Vintage inspired tinted M-4 sunglasses by Oliver Peoples
Follow me over on @MrEssentialist for daily updates and more things I love.